and in his weeping
he joined himself forever
to those who mourn.
He stands now throughout all time,
this Jesus weeping
with his arms about the weeping ones:
‘Blessed are those who mourn
for they shall be comforted.’
He stands with the mourners
for his name is God-with-us.
- Pray for those health care professionals who may be feeling overwhelmed and discouraged by the problems they face day by day…
- Pray for healthcare workers in situations of conflict or poverty, where resources are scarce or unavailable…
- Pray for those involved in caring for people with mental health issues, especially where those issues are long-term
- Pray for new staff and for students starting new courses this month, particularly for those coming from overseas.
- Pray for all who left at the end of last term and those who return…
- Pray for staff and patients at Nevill Hall, Abergavenny;
for healthcare workers in places where there is war or communal strife;
for Health Care in Australia and the Pacific.
for the love that never fails; for the comfort of your presence;
for the grace that enables us to carry on;
for the future full of hope;
and that we can come to place our trust and confidence afresh in you
we bring you our grateful thanks and praise
in the name of Jesus Christ our Lord,