What shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword…? No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. (Romans 8:35ff)
- Take a few moments to rest yourself in the depth and strength of God’s love, to receive the comfort and renewal he gives…
- In times of change and uncertainty, pray for the staff of HESAS: those moving on; those remaining through the ongoing change and readjustments; those still uncertain about their personal futures…
- Pray for students in their placements, and new students preparing to join us in September
- Pray particularly this month for the Princess of Wales Hospital, Bridgend, for its staff both medical and managerial, and for all who look to it as patients and families of patients. Pray for those caught up by the uncertainty around the Royal Glamorgan.
- As this month we’re asked to pray for Health Care in Africa, Susan, one of the chaplaincy team will be in Ghana, among other things visiting a church run hospital in Winneba. In a town of 60,000 there are 4 full time doctors, and this is far from the poorest part of West Africa. Pray for those who have no access to free health care, or sometimes to any professional health care at all, and the health care professionals who seek to cope with few resources.
Pray the Lord’s Prayer, asking that indeed God’s Kingdom may come and God’s will be done on earth as in heaven.
Lord, we long for the day when there will be an end to death and to mourning and to crying and to pain. Until that day, use us to make your healing love known. Amen