You may like to begin by reading Matthew 8:1-1-4, and 9:18-22. Both these episodes remind us of people’s vulnerability in illness, and the deep compassion of Jesus. We also recognise the isolation that illness and suffering bring, and how part of God’s healing is restoring people to their families and to their communities.
In all our caring, we pray that God will bond the power of His Spirit with all those processes for health and healing with which he has created human beings. We also pray that our caring might be such as to enable the healing of relationships and communities.
Please pray for:
- Government campaigns aimed at getting us all to live more healthily, and all those things which drive us to look for comfort and escape in behaviour which harms us.
- Health services under pressure due to seasonal illness in patients and staff.
- For a renewed valuing and growth of compassion in our society in general, and in particular in contexts of caring.
- For the staff and patients in the different departments at the Royal Glamorgan Hospital: Accident & Emergency; High Dependency Unit; operating theatres; Cardiac Unit; Pediatric unit; Special Care Baby Unit; Neonatal Intensive Care Unit; Acute Mental Health Unit; Ophthalmic unit.
- For Health Care provision in Africa, especially those involved in treating patients suffering from HIV/Aids and from malaria. Pray that steps make be taken towards the eradication of malaria.
- For the staff and students of the School of Care Sciences.