You may like to read Isaiah 65:17-25, God’s promise of a new heaven and a new earth.
- Pray for those health care professionals who may be feeling overwhelmed and discouraged by the problems they face day by day
- Pray for healthcare workers in situations of conflict or poverty, where resources are scarce or unavailable
- Pray for those involved in caring for people with mental health issues, especially where those issues are long-term
- As the Paralympics continue, pray for all those taking part and those involved as medics and chaplains. Pray that these games might indeed affect people’s perceptions of disabled people
- Pray for new staff and for students starting new courses this month, particularly for those coming from overseas.
- Pray for staff and patients at Nevill Hall, Abergavenny; for healthcare workers in places where there is war or communal strife; for Health Care in Australia and the Pacific.
Lord, may your Kingdom come and your will be done on earth as it is in heaven!