1st August 2012
We remember all students and staff in the Department of Care Sciences, especially any who are in particular need today
This month we are praying especially for:
- the Princess of Wales Hospital, Bridgend
- administrators in the NHS, and those responsible for making policy
- health care in Africa, especially in the Mbale region in Uganda, and the University’s links with care workers there
We have requests for prayer through the Healthcare Christian Fellowship:
Dr Jeff Russell of the Kardia Foundation is travelling from America on 1st August to lead a Christian outreach to the medical support teams accompanying the national athletics teams at the London Olympics and Paralympics. He asks us to pray for:
- the remaining funds to be raised for his expenses and those of his student Rachel
- “heart preparation of the healthcare workers whom God has already arranged to cross our paths”
- creativity in determining ways to reach the sports medicine staffs who will be hard at work with the athletes, and ability to have God’s insight into the process
- successful co-operation with the Medical Director of the Olympics and Paralympics
We are also asked to pray for Dr Richard Gavin in Southern Ireland who is facing a difficult work situation.
Loving God, we ask your blessing on doctors and nurses, on all who look after those who are ill, who give friendship to those who are distressed, or sit with those who are near to death.
We ask your guidance for those who are engaged in medical research, that they may persevere with vision and energy; and for those who administer the agencies of health and welfare, that they may have wisdom and compassion.
Loving God, bring healing, bring peace.