“Wherever the river flows it will brings life…’ Ezekiel 47:9
You may like to read Ezekiel 47:1-12, the prophet’s vision of healing and life flowing from the Temple of God. It provides a very powerful image for our prayers this month.
- Pray for all staff working in the National Health Service, especially those in the hospitals and communities we serve.
- Pray for all ‘parish nurses’ who work with churches as part of their care for the whole person and whole community. (Google ‘parish nursing’ for more info)
- Pray for the Hospital Trust in south London/north east Kent (hospitals in Orpington, Woolwich and Sidcup) which is in such debt that it is in danger of being put into administration: and all who are seeking to use diminished resources.
- Pray for medical teams coming to the Olympics and Paralympics from all across the world
- Pray for the situation in Syria, Afghanistan and other areas of conflict – that health professionals will be able to provide health care to those injured. Pray for an end to the fighting and unrest.
- Pray for all HESAS students and staff and their families.
- Pray for those on the International Nursing Programme, that their time at Glamorgan might be a blessing personally and professionally.
- Pray for all who are working in stressful situations in the community, that they may find strength and peace.
- Remember those in different parts of the world who cannot afford health care, pray that health provision will be made available for them.
- Pray for health professionals who are helping out overseas from the UK & elsewhere.
Lord, may your Kingdom come and your will be done on earth, as it is in heaven!