This month we are especially remembering:
- The following hospitals: Caerphilly & District Miners’ Hospital; Redwood Memorial, Rhymney; Aberbargoed; Ystrad Mynach;
- Administrators in the NHS, and those responsible for making policy;
- Health care in Africa, thinking particularly of the nurses from Botswana who are studying in the Department of Care Sciences;
- Those involved in healthcare in troubled places: Southern Sudan, Ethiopia etc.;
- The work of Healthcare Christian Fellowship, especially preparations for its world Conference in Manila in September.
Lord Jesus Christ, Lover of all, we ask your blessing on doctors and nurses, on all who look after those who are ill, who give friendship to those who are distressed, or sit with those who are near to death.
We ask your guidance for those who are engaged in medical research, that they may persevere with vision and energy; and for those who administer the agencies of health and welfare, that they may have wisdom and compassion.
Lord Jesus Christ, Lover of all, bring healing, bring peace.