On the first Wednesday of each month, the Chaplaincy joins in a worldwide chain of prayer for healthcare.
This month we are praying for:
- all students and staff in the Department of Care Sciences, especially any who are in particular need today
- the nursing students from Kerala, India, who are currently spending some time at HESAS
- local hospitals, and HESAS students working in them
- healthcare workers in places where there are huge problems: the cholera outbreak in Haiti, the tsunami in Indonesia, the aftermath of the floods in Pakistan
- healthcare in North America: the working of the new health system in the United States
- the ‘Books Plus’ Christian bookshop in the University of Wales Hospital, and similar shops in other hospitals
Healthcare Christian Fellowship have also asked us to pray for:
- The “God Loves the NHS” Conference in Sheffield on November 27th; the Organiser, Beth Hutton, and all others involved
- The International Saline Training Day in Cardiff on November 6th.
- The launch of a new post-graduate diploma/degree course in Whole-Person Healthcare in the University of Gloucestershire