Following an initiative from the Department of Care Sciences, the Chaplaincy is committed to praying on the first Wednesday of each month for healthcare throughout the world.
We invite you to join us in praying for:
- All students and staff in the Department of Care Sciences, especially any who are in particular need today
- the new cohort of nursing students, especially those who have come from Kerala, India
- the ‘Books Plus’ Christian bookshop in the University of Wales Hospital, and similar shops in other hospitals
- local hospitals, and HESAS students working in them
- healthcare in Europe: the British NHS and others, proposed reforms and resourcing problems
- medical scientists and researchers
- people dealing with difficult ethical issues in the medical field
- The work of Healthcare Christian Fellowship:
- the Living Hope Hospital Outreach in Nigeria, doing medical and evangelistic work, and especially teaching on obstetric care
- the “God loves the NHS” conference to be held in Sheffield in November
Dr Liam Chapman’s visit to Uganda to help with a community project there which includes bee-keeping, goat breeding, support for orphan children, church planting, water supply, training women in baking and sewing, help to hospital patients, training of community health workers, help to prisoners, literacy classes in prisons and in the general community, etc.